In the event of loss or damage, there's only one policy in the insurance industry that will restore your commercial building to its former grandeur-- our PastForward® policy. It includes groundbreaking historic replacement cost coverage and some of the most flexible valuations in the industry...everything from the cost of replacing a hand-carved door to hiring an expert able to document your rebuilding.
Here's a sample of what's covered:
Do you really know what insurance coverage your client needs? When damaged, a historic building may require:
- Increased cost of construction due to landmarks as well as other building ordinances or laws
- Increased time to restore your property due to operations of landmark and other building laws
- Historic certification expenses
- Loss of federal, state, and local tax benefits
- Increased building assessments
- Green building upgrades to enhance the energy efficiency of your property where possible.
You don't need to be certified to qualify for historic coverage.
All currently certified historic buildings are eligible, as well as buildings that could be certified or located within a historic district. However, just about any building that exhibits historical character, materials, and workmanship can be covered by this policy, whether certified or not.